World’s first operational road transport hybrid system is ready
Torsdag 21. april 2016 kl: 14:03
French transport tech developer will unveil the world’s first operational energy-saving, hybrid electric system for road transport at Britain’s biggest commercial vehicle conference this week. Adgero will display the regenerative braking-powered UltraBoost ST, a kinetic energy recovery system (KERS) installed on a curtainsider semi-trailer - that aims to cut fuel and carbon emissions by up to 25 per cent
The UltraBoost ST uses a compact and lightweight YASA motor to recover kinetic energy, otherwise lost as heat during braking, and stores it in high-power graphene-based ultracapacitors from European manufacturer Skeleton Technologies - who helped develop the KERS technology for road haulage with Adgero last year.
Leading European manufacturer SDC Trailers installed the system on a 13.6m curtainsider trailer, finished in the livery of major UK-based transport and distribution company, Eddie Stobart. The transport operator will be conducting road testing of Adgero’sUltraBoost ST system in coming weeks.
© Copyright 2017 transportnyhederne.dk. Denne artikel er beskyttet af lov om ophavsret og må ikke kopieres eller på anden måde videreudnyttes uden særlig aftale.
- Bulk terminals have got a new voice
- Rickmers-Linie takes over Nordana’s Project Business
- World’s first operational road transport hybrid system is ready
- First cross-border truck platooning trial successfully completed
- GLS and DB Schenker begin parcel partnership in Germany
- Adam Baker is the best DAF technician in Europe
- European Commission is investigating the Port of Antwerp
- Denmark wins Fossil of the Day for Undermining Ambition
- EU Commissioner for Transport reiterates EU's commitment to road safety
- Commission refers Poland to the Court of Justice of the EU
- 133 people detained in global action tackling airline fraud
- German Minister of Transport presents "Strategy for Automated and Connected Driving"
Skriv din kommentar:
|Alle felter skal udfyldes!
Bemærk: For at undgå misbrug bliver din IP adresse logget!